Brian joined Burges Salmon in 2001 as a trainee solicitor and qualified in 2003.
He has considerable trial experience and advises on a wide range of contractual matters, in particular disputes relating to supply of goods, insurance, media and technology and transport regulation. Brian's experience includes the following:
- Successfully defending the Racecourse Association against a £350m claim alleging breach of an international media rights agreement.
- Successfully prosecuting a claim based on impounded stock on behalf of the Swedish timber industry against wharf operators in the UK.
- Defending a warranty claim against the vendor of a Formula 1 racing team.
- Acting for a national transport company on multiple regulatory appeals by its subsidiary companies to the Secretary of State for Transport and advising on judicial review.
- Acting for a national vehicle hire supplier on a reference to the European Court of Justice under the preliminary ruling procedure.