Will joined Burges Salmon in 2005 after training at Farrer & Co.
He specialises in the following practice areas:
- Real Estate investment and asset management
- Development of, and investment in, renewable energy projects
His recent work includes:
- acting for The Crown Estate on the legal management of the St James's portfolio, and on the acquisition and disposal of investment assets including regional retail parks and long leasehold interests in Central London office and retail properties
- advising Falcon Property Trust on the acquisition and disposal of a number of multi-let industrial estates and on the legal management of its industrial portfolio
- advising several investment funds and renewable energy companies on the acquisition of both single renewable energy projects and portfolios of renewable energy assets
- advising several renewable energy developers on the taking of numerous options for renewable energy projects (technologies including onshore wind, biomass, hydro-electric, solar PV, anaerobic digestion and energy from waste), on the completion of leases to allow the build-out of projects and on putting in place access arrangements and export cable rights over third party land
- advising windfarm developers and banks on all real estate matters in relation to the project financing of both single projects and portfolios of renewable projects
- advising Helius Energy plc on the acquisition of property rights for a 100 MW biomass power station at Southampton Port.
Will is a member of the Investment Property Forum and the Westminster Property Association.