Matt trained with Burges Salmon and joined the Real Estate department upon qualification in 2002.
He specialises in the following areas:
- Real Estate Investment and Asset Management
- Real Estate Development
Matt's investment work includes acquisitions and disposals and landlord and tenant work. He acts for developers and landowners in strategic development work which involves disposals of strategic development land by a variety of methods including options, promotion agreements, conditional contracts and sales with overage payments. Matt's work in the minerals sector includes negotiating options and minerals leases.
Recent work includes:
- Advising The Crown Estate on investment acquisitions and disposals including
- the acquisition of Princes House in St James's London for £87 million
- the disposal of a portfolio of three industrial estates for £32 million
- the acquisition of three headlease interests at Haymarket, London for £53 million
- Advising The Crown Estate on its St James's Portfolio
- Acting for Ahli United Bank UK Student Accommodation Fund in the purchase of Derwent Point student accommodation scheme in Islington for £23.4 million
- Acting for developers and landowners in granting option and promotion agreements of strategic land
- Acting in the grant of a minerals lease of ball clay.