Partner, Head of Environment and Planning
Qualifications: LLB (Hons) DipLG, LARTPI
Admitted a solicitor 1997
Partner from 2005
Tel: +44 (0) 117 902 2791
Gary joined Burges Salmon in January 2000 having previously trained as a Local Government solicitor. He is a member of the Law Society's Planning Panel, a Legal Associate of the Royal Town Planning Institute and a Higher Court Advocate.
Gary specialises in the following areas:
- Planning Applications
- Infrastructure Agreements
- Planning and High Court appeals, (including advocacy)
- Compulsory purchase
Gary's practice has a particular emphasis on regeneration and mixed use developments. Recent examples of work include:-
- acting for East Devon District Council on the proposed East Devon New Community (2900 + house proposal), an Intermodal Freight Facility and a new business park.
- advising on a number of town and city centre regeneration schemes, including Truro and West Bromwich.
- advising Sir Robert McAlpine in connection with a 40 acre business park in Torbay
- advising Hutchison 3G (UK) Limited (trading as '3') on the roll out of its third generation telecommunications network.