Julian joined Burges Salmon in 2009 from Eversheds LLP, having previously been at City firms for 8 years. He is a member of the Law Society’s Planning Panel.
He advises on:
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase
- Public inquiries and judicial review (including advocacy)
- Energy and Utilities
- Resource and Waste Management
- Highways and town and village greens
Julian's practice centres on energy (conventional, renewables and nuclear), waste, minerals and regeneration.
- Acting on applications for three major Round 2 offshore wind farms, including Greater Gabbard, the first such project consented outside territorial waters
- Acting for St Modwen on scheme for 4,000 dwellings and 100 acres of employment land at former steel works land at Llanwern
- Acting for minerals company on application for 1 million tonne new cement manufacturing facility next to National Park
- Acting for planning authority successfully resisting legal challenge to planning permission and hazardous substances consent for South Hook LNG facility
- Successfully resisting village green application at public inquiry seeking to defeat redevelopment of Scarlets Rugby Club for 400 houses