Our Social Housing unit has a depth of experience in acting for Registered Providers, developers and local authorities in relation to all aspects of social housing. Our expertise includes:
- complex development schemes including:
- Golden Brick scheme
- development agreements
- conditional contracts
- advising on interpretation of the HCA Capital Funding Guide
- granting of options
- rural exception sites
- dealing with s.106 Agreements and other sectional agreements
- large scale disposal of properties by means of shared ownership lease and other lease schemes
- advice on procurement and other regulatory issues including compliance with both statutory and HCA requirements
- preparing suites of precedent documents for clients including leases, development agreements and sectional agreements
- assisting Registered Providers to develop their housing stocks while within the tightly regulated framework
- advising on specialist social housing schemes such as extra-care facilities, PFI and key worker accommodation
- establishment of Arms Length Management Organisations
- advising on all manner of tenant issues including anti-social behaviour.
We have particular expertise in advising on all aspects of site acquisition and development and work closely with our teams of commercial, planning, construction and environmental lawyers in order to provide a complete service in all areas relating to the development of sites for social housing use.
Please contact one of the listed lawyers if you would like more information on our social housing practice.
All Partners and Associates in Social Housing