Energy and Utilities
- 2012 Commercial Team of the Year (Winner) – British Legal Awards.
- 2011 Adviser of the Year: Legal & Financial (Winner) – Renewable Energy Infrastructure Awards.
- 2010 Energy Team of the Year (Shortlisted) – Legal Business Awards.
- 2009 Energy/Infrastructure Team of the Year (Winner) – The Lawyer Awards.
Our nationally-rated Energy and Utilities team has developed highly-regarded specialist niche practices engaged across the full range of activities in the power generation and utility sectors.
With our experience in Nuclear, Renewable and Conventional energy, Waste and Water, we can provide pro-active, cost-effective and prudent advice and support throughout a project/plant life cycle.
Our specialist advice spans all aspects of Energy and Utilities work (including the array of project work) from up-front acquisition, financing, and planning, through construction, regulation and operational legal support, to completion and beyond.
We have specialists who deal with energy litigation and health, safety and environment issues for the sector including decommissioning liabilities and contracts.
Our client portfolio includes governments, regulators, contractors (all tiers), developers, funders and site licence companies, and public and private sector, and global organisations operating across numerous sectors.
To find out more about our work at the sector's forefront, expertise and people have a look at the specialisms within Energy and Utilities:
- Conventional Power Generation and Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) – having advised on three CCS projects from early stages, we are ideally placed to assist clients and consortia in this innovative area. Our team also has experience of advising on the majority of UK coal-fired power plants, and on many gas-fired plants through both consenting or ultimate sale or acquisition.
- Nuclear – internationally recognised as a leading nuclear power team.
- Oil and Gas – our team has significant experience of advising across the entire oil, gas and LNG value chains, from exploration, through to sale and ultimately Decommissioning.
- Power and Electricity Regulation – we have specialised in innovative power trading contracts and energy regulation for over 10 years covering licensing, incentives, grid, HSE, supply and offtake arrangements.
- Renewables – internationally recognised renewable energy team with leading credentials in wind, biomass, solar, geothermal and small hydro; one of only a handful of firms with the genuine capability and experience in the delivery of offshore wind and wave and tidal energy projects.
- Resource and Waste Management – one of the UK's leading waste to energy advisers. We advise on all aspects of waste to energy projects and waste collection, recycling and disposal contracts. Our experience covers technologies such as anaerobic digestion, gasification, pyrolysis and composting.
Please click on the links below to read our brochures:
All Partners and Associates in Energy and Utilities